www.ogra.org.pk/ – (Error Based Injection)July 26, 2016
NSA Spied on Pakistan – 2016 : exploited by malwareAugust 22, 2016
Cyber Crime Bill Pakistan 2016 / Cyber Crime Act 2016
Original bill as available on national assembly archives
cyber crime bill pakistan 2016 (Pdf document )
Minister of State for Information Technology and Telecommunication Anusha Rehman said that the amended “Electronic Crime Bill 2016” will be made a law next week to affectively deal with cyber crimes in the country.
“The amended Bill will be presented before the National Assembly on August 1 (Monday) and would get an easy sail to become a law”, Anusha Rehman told this correspondent here on Friday.
After passing the Bill from the Senate, it would be sent back to the National Assembly as amendments are being made in the Bill. The Bill would come into law, after passing it from the Lower House.
It must be noted that Senate’s Standing committee on IT, headed by Shahi Syed, gave substantial input and made amendments in 16 different sections of the bill to safeguard common man.
Salient features of Cyber Crime Bill Pakistan 2016
- Up to five year imprisonment, PKR 10 million fine or both for hate speech, or trying to create disputes and spread hatred on the basis of religion or sectarianism.
- Up to five year imprisonment, PKR 5 million fine or both for transferring or copying of sensitive basic information.
- Up to PKR 50 thousand fine for sending messages irritating to others or for marketing purposes. If the crime is repeated, the punishment would be three months imprisonment and a fine of up to PKR 1 million rupees.
- Up to three year imprisonment and a fine of up to PKR 0.5 million for creating a website for negative purposes.
- Up to one year imprisonment or a fine of up to PKR 1 million for forcing an individual for immoral activity, or publishing an individual’s picture without consent, sending obscene messages or unnecessary cyber interference.
- Up to seven year imprisonment, a fine of PKR 10 million or both for interfering in sensitive data information systems.
- Three month imprisonment or a PKR 50 thousand fine or both for accessing unauthorised data.
- Three year imprisonment and a fine of up to PKR 5 million for obtaining information about an individual’s identification, selling the information or retaining it with self.
- Up to three year imprisonment and a fine of up to PKR 0.5 million for issuing a sim card in an unauthorised manner.
- Up to three year imprisonment and fine of up to PKR 1 million rupees for making changes in a wireless set or a cell phone.
- Up to three year imprisonment and a fine of up to PKR 1 million for spreading misinformation about an individual.